
Reuters:
KYIV, June 1 – Russia launched a barrage of missiles and drones on Saturday that damaged energy facilities and critical infrastructure across Ukraine, injuring at least four people, and prompting President Volodymyr Zelenskiy to issue a fresh plea for more air defence assistance.
The sixth major Russian air attack on the Ukrainian power sector since March damaged energy facilities in the east, centre, and west, the national grid operator Ukrenergo said.
Ukraine’s air force said it shot down 35 of 53 Russian missiles and 46 of 47 attack drones used for the strikes, which pile more pressure on Ukraine’s hobbled energy system as the war with Russia is in its third year.
“Russia’s main goal is to normalize terror, to use the lack of sufficient air defence and determination of Ukraine’s partners,” Zelenskiy said on the Telegram messaging app.
“Partners know exactly what is needed. Additional “Patriots” and other modern air defence systems for Ukraine. To accelerate and expand F-16 deliveries to Ukraine. To provide our soldiers with all the necessary capabilities.”
So far this year, Ukraine has found itself on the back foot as it faced delays in military aid from the United States, intensified attacks on its infrastructure and Moscow’s push to expand the frontline, 27 months after its full-scale invasion.





Users Today : 744
Users Yesterday : 1046
This Month : 50468
This Year : 279309
Total Users : 991125
Views Today : 1686
Total views : 2882844
Who's Online : 8